One key reading

Help
2006-01-17
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am trying to get used to RSS Owl and really want to switch from my current reader.

One problem I have is that I am so used to a one-key reading. I have been looking for the right combination to do this.

What am I missing?

• Anonymous - 2006-01-17

Are you referring to "Goto next unread News"? Did you try that?

The next RSSOwl 1.2.1 will automatically open the next feed with unread News from the list of Favorites when calling that action, allowing to move through all News with a single Key.

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thank you Ben. I am very impressed the response that you given in such a quick manner.

One last question. Is there a link to a timeline/roadmap for releases?

• Anonymous - 2006-01-17

1.2.1 is planned for February.

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

Then the next version is what I want... :)

The one thing I noticed when you have the Reading pane in focus and press N or F, the focus moves to that feeds listing. Please make the single key reading such that the focus does not leave the message pane. Might I suggest the spacebar, as that allows you to advance a screen in the browser. That way it moves to the next unread article when the end of the current article is reached.

Will the next version allow us to set the default sorting of articles in asc/desc order? I like to read older to newer so my pref would be to sort by date published asc.

Besides those 2 little quirks that I have to adjust to, I like it. Good Job to the developers.

• Anonymous - 2006-01-17

The focus issue you describe is fixed as well in upcoming 1.2.1.

For the sort-preferences, there is a feature request already open.

Ben