Errors while running RSSOwl from Eclipse

• Varun Bhansaly

Varun Bhansaly - 2013-08-24

I have cloned the github repository and have been trying to setup the development environment by following steps mentioned here -

Why I need to setup the development environment ? I need to figure out the reasons and solutions for "Circular redirect" errors that are being encountered for some of the RSS sources.

While I have followed all the steps, I have been unable to get it running. I have tried it on Eclipse Indigo (eclipse-java-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64) as well as on Eclipse Kepler (eclipse-java-kepler-R-win32-x86_64). The RCP versions for Indigo and Kepler are respectively 3.7.2.v20120120-1424-9DB5FmnFq5JCf1UA38R-kz0S0272 and 4.3.0.v20130605-2000

I suspect there is some issue in this step "click on "Add required plug-ins" as mentioned herein After uncheck of all plugins and clicking that button, absolutely nothing happens and none of the listed plugins get selected.

Attached are 3 files that contain traces for the two eclipse versions.
    One of the is with all plugins selected (error-in-indigo-all-plugins-checked.txt).

It would be really helpful if anyone could provide pointers as to why this is happening.

Last edit: Varun Bhansaly 2013-08-24
  • Varun Bhansaly

Varun Bhansaly - 2013-08-29

Has anyone got it setup in Windows7 and any version of Eclipse?