RssOwl won't start

Help
Brandy K
2013-07-17
2013-07-22
  • Brandy K

Brandy K - 2013-07-17

Friday morning, I was reading my feeds and my computer locked up. I had to do a hard restart and loaded windows as normal. I then tried to load RssOwl and the loading box appeared as it normally does, but when the loading bar appeared, it went about half way then the loading box disappeared. I haven't been able to load it since. I made sure Java was up to date, which has been a issue before. I uninstalled Java, which has been a issue before. I uninstalled and reinstalled RssOwl, without no repair. I also cleaned my registry and reinstalled it thinking that a leftover file might have been the issue. I was running the latest version. I believe it is 2.2. I'm at a lost as to what to do next to get the program to work.

• hipsterdoofus

hipsterdoofus - 2013-07-22

I'm having a similar issue. I don't think it locked up on me though. Worked on Friday, came in on Monday and the .exe simply does nothing at all. Never shows up in task manager, etc. Wondering if it is tied to my version of Java.

• hipsterdoofus

hipsterdoofus - 2013-07-22

Just fyi, I reinstalled Java and started working for me again. I think Java 7u25 has some issues with it and I believe I updated on Friday which apparently caused the problem.