The file is not a valid XML File.

Help
2006-10-27
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
    I use RSSOwl/1.2.2 2006-08-27 (Windows; U; tr)
    This feed http://sondakika.haber7.com/sondakika.rss works on feeddaemon,opera feed etc. but RSSOwl error on display. Error message :

The file is not a valid XML File. Error on line 39: Open quote is expected for attribute "color" associated with an element type "font".

Thnx for advance.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Several of my RSS feeds have stopped working and I am receiving the following error message:

"The file is not a valid XML File. Error on line 21: The reference to entity "stylesheetName" must end with the ';' delimiter."

Co-workers are not having this problem & in fact are apparently using the same URL.

I started having the problem using version 1.2.2 and hoped upgrading to 1.2.3 would help but it did not.

I would provide URL's for you to use but they are on an internal work website so you could not reach them.

Any help/ideas for debugging would be greatly appreciated!

• Anonymous - 2006-12-08

I am sorry to hear that. Whenever you see RSSOwl fail to display a newsfeed, you could try to run the Feed-Validator (Tools > Validate Newsfeed) and see the result. If the result tells that the feed is not valid, RSSOwl will not be able to display the feed.

Note that some readers have the ability to even display feeds that are not valid. RSSOwl is not able to display invalid feeds yet. There is plans for the future to support invalid feeds as well.

Ben

• Anonymous - 2006-10-27

I am able to read the feed right now. Does it work for you as well?

Sometimes the feed might become invalid when content is added that is not properly escaped. FeedDemon and others might then show the history of earlier items and hiding the fact that the feed has become invalid. You can always validate the Feed via Tools > Validate Newsfeed.

Ben