Links not opened in new window

Help
2005-06-13
2012-08-29
  • Richard Stedham

Richard Stedham - 2005-06-13

Version 1.0 opened any links from the News Pane in the external browser, as a new window.
    Version 1.1 opens the links inside the News Pane. Is there a preference I have missed so that it works like it used to?

• Richard Stedham

I am using Windows 2000.

When right-click and "Open in new Window" is used to open in a new tab, the File -> Print News option is greyed out.

• Anonymous - 2005-06-13

Just right-click into the Browser and select "Print" from the Context Menu.

Ben

• Anonymous - 2005-06-13

See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1145095&group_id=86683&atid=580502

The old way RSSOwl 1.0 handled it was prone to errors.

Ben

• Richard Stedham

Thanks for the link but it just seems to confirm that the functionality has now been removed as there is not a cross platform was of handling it. This means there is no way to print pages, unless the link is cut/pasted into a full browser window.
      What should the 'always open browser into new tab' option do, as I have set it and links are not opened in a new tab.

• Anonymous - 2005-06-13

Well at least on Windows you should be able to print a page using File > Print. What OS are you using?

Btw links will always open in a new Tab when right-clicking and "Open in new Window" is selected from the Browser's context menu.

Ben