Mozilla Plugin on Windows XP?

Help
Dave Levy
2005-01-27
2012-08-29
  • Dave Levy

Dave Levy - 2005-01-27

Is it possible to use RSS Owl as Mozilla plugin on Windows Xp?

If so is this documented and where is the doc, otherwise, can someone advise me.

The reason is that I'd like RSS owl to inherit the proxy setttings from my current Mozilla profile rather than its own preference file.

• Anonymous - 2005-01-27

On Windows its not possible to use Mozilla as internal browser, only IE. Some feature requests are open at Eclipse to cover this issue.

Ben

• Dave Levy

Dave Levy - 2005-01-28

I thought that internal browser is what RSSOwl uses to render the messages in its display panes. (Which on XP must be IE). I must have been unclear in what I was asking.

I want to use the Mozilla JVM to host RSSOwl so that it can utilise Mozilla's profile/preference structure. Is this possible?

• Anonymous - 2005-01-28

Ah ok. But what is the Mozilla JVM? Never heard of Mozilla being the creator of a Java Virtual Machine.

Ben

• Dave Levy

Dave Levy - 2005-01-28

Careless Language probably.

When I run mozilla, I have an icon in the tray togther with a Java icon in the system tray. The Java Plugin is 1.4.0-b72. I'm not sure how mozilla invokes the plugin, but I assume the app/RSS Owl is a java class library. The java icon only appears after a request to mozilla to open a screen (Nav/Mail).

• Anonymous - 2005-01-28

Ah ok, I think Mozilla is having a plugin to view Java Applets inside. This plugin will, as far as I know, not allow to run standalone Java applications like RSSOwl. It is only usefull for applets.

Ben

• Anonymous - 2005-01-28

Hm let me correct my last post. Of course in order for the plugin to execute Java, it must have installed a valid Java Runtime Environment (JRE). But it wont be possible to execute RSSOwl with the plugin, you have to use the JRE instad.

Ben

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks