SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Auth login / password not retained in XP

Help
r
2005-05-30
2012-08-29
  • r

r - 2005-05-30

Hi - just installed 1.1.1 on XP. Trying to use it to check LiveJournal protected entries. RSSOwl seemingly refuses to remember the login/password, even when the "Remember Username and Password" checkbox is enabled in the authentication dialog. Is there something I'm missing?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Are you sure that you have entered the correct credentials?

What type of authentication are you using? As far as I know, LJ offers Base, Digest and NTLM. You can see this as parameter inside the feed's URL.

Ben

• r

r - 2005-05-30

Authentication method is digest. The credentials are correct, as I am able to log in and receive protected entries without a problem. RSSOwl just consistently forgets to remember said credentials on request.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Please open a bug report on this issue.

Also, please have a look at what situations the credentials are lost. Does it happen in the running sessesion, directly after restart...

Do you have the protected feed stored as favorite?

Ben

• r

r - 2005-06-03

All protected feeds are stored as favorites (same credentials for all feeds). Happens in the running session. I have also tried to enter credentials, immediately quit and restart before feed refresh, but the l/p are still not retained. Basically, the l/p only works once, after which it has to be re-entered. I'll open a bug report.