Vicente

2005-06-28
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,Ben.

I wish to know how you convert your java program to an executable file( JAVA to EXE). Which program do you use??? . Is Ant who comes with eclipse???.. If is so, how yo do that,,( parameters, etc...).

Thanks..

Im a newbie, and i am studiing your program to learn more java, but i dont understand how compile a java file to an .EXE like you do in your program.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,Ben.

I wish to know how you convert your java program to an executable file( JAVA to EXE). Which program do you use??? . Is Ant who comes with eclipse???.. If is so, how yo do that,,( parameters, etc...).

Thanks..

Im a newbie, and i am studiing your program to learn more java, but i dont understand how compile a java file to an .EXE like you do in your program.

• Anonymous - 2005-06-28

The "rssowl.exe" is just a small application that executes Java. RSSOwl is not compiled to native, only the Java launcher is.

I am using the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. Find it at http://nsis.sourceforge.net.

The script I am using is online here:
      http://nsis.sourceforge.net/wiki/Java_Launcher

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

"RSSOwl is not compiled to native, only the Java launcher is..."

...and how do you compile the java launcher?????

Im sorry for this newbie question, but i wanna be a programmer like you ( i learn of your code) and i dont know how do you compile the java launcher..

Thanks!!!

By the way, im studiing your class "Viewform.java" and i had to say that is a great class.. Is yours??? or you take from some snippet of the internet??

Best regards...sorry for my english. Im spanish...

• Anonymous - 2005-06-29

The Nullsoft Scriptable Installsystem is a compiler for the NSIS Script language. You add a script to the compiler and it produces a native Exe out of it. The exe is simply calling "java -jar rssowl.jar" in a new process.

As stated in the License header of "Viewform.java", Eclipse is the initial implementor of Viewform. I took it out of SWT, because I wanted to add some usefull methods.

Ben

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks