Notifier Suggestions

John
2011-09-26
2012-08-29
  • John

John - 2011-09-26

Hello! I use Feed Notifier 2.5 as my primary feed reader because I like the
    notifier and browser integration. The only problem is that Feed Notifier lacks
    an ability to manage feeds and make them sticky (which RSSOwl has).

I am very excited to use RSSOwl as my primary feed reader but before I can
    fully adapt, I'd like to request some features (in order of priority).

• An option to launch the link in the external browser when clicking on the feed's title from the notifier. Maybe you can make it so that the RSSOwl window appears only if you right-click the title of the feed.

• An option to show all unread feeds in the notifier rather than just "Recent News". Maybe you can set a limit as to how many feeds can really appear there but me I would set it to unlimited. I prefer to browse all of my unread feeds in the notifier because I can use the mouse wheel to sift through the news quickly.

• Marking the feed as read (or clicking the title of the feed) will make it disappear from the notifier.

• Add an option to make the tray icon always appear even if the RSSOwl window is shown. Again I love the notifier :)

• Option to make the notifier appear on another monitor (for dual-screen setups).

• Option to specify what corner of the screen the notifier appears in.

Feed Notifier has most of these features while RSSOwl has all the missing
    stuff that I wanted to see in Feed Notifier. I'd share the link but I don't
    want to spam so try searching for it. I think it is an open source application
    as well. If the functions of Feed Notifier can be merged with RSSOwl, I would
    be extremely happy. :) Looking forward to any updates. Thanks!

• Anonymous - 2011-09-26

Good suggestions. At least the first thing you can do already by clicking on a
    link in the notifier while holding the Ctrl key. This will open the link in an
    external browser.

• John

John - 2011-09-26

Wow didn't expect a quick reply. Thanks for the tip!

• Anonymous - 2011-10-02

show title and sescription in notification box instead of number of new post
    and a right and left arrow to check multiple new items more rapidly

• Anonymous - 2011-10-02

you can configure the notifier to show an excerpt of the news content and you
    can navigate between entries using arrow keys at least when the notifier has
    focus

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks