Wish list

2005-11-03
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Lots to like about RSSOwl 1.1.3.

A few things I'd like to see:

1. In the 3-pane display, have the option to open news item URL in lower pane, instead of in separate tab.

2. Ability to have news item with no description automatically load item URL in lower pane

3. 'Delete' news. I've seen some of the earlier discussion about this. I don't care if the news is actually saved then deleted or whether the news is even saved at all. All I want is a way to make news items I'm done with not display in the newsfeed list. It's conceptually the same as the read/unread flag, only the action is different (don't show this item in the feed list).

4. Lock news item. Again, a setting to keep a news item from being 'deleted' as in #3.

5. Select all news items option. Shortcut keys for select all then (mark unread, mark read, 'delete', lock) would be very nice. The function should work at the category level as well at the individual feed level.

I'm impressed with the polished interface and performance of RSSOwl. I hope you find these suggestions useful.

Greg

• Anonymous - 2005-11-03

Hi Greg,

1. Check out the "General" option to open any News in Browser automatically.

2. Check out the "General" option to open any empty News in Browser automatically.

3. I think there are some feature requests open on this issue already.

4. Some kind of labeling is required for that. Again, feature requests cover that as well as far as I know.

5. Same as above. Please browse the list of already filed feature requests and add your comment if you like.

Regards,
      Ben

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks