#475 Feeds can't read but readable on other readers: migr.isssue

v1.3.0.29
closed
5
2012-09-23
2005-04-13
Anonymous
No

Can't read some feeds, e.g.
1.
http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/SyndicationService
.asmx/GetRssCategory?categoryName=RSS%20Bandit

  1. http://blogs.msdn.com/ricksp/rss.aspx

...

When I update these feeds, there's nothing shown in
Headlines pane. This problem exists in recent builds
including 1.3.0.29

Discussion

  • Dare Obasanjo

    Dare Obasanjo - 2005-04-13

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=24549

    What version did you updgrade from?

    This is a problem that seems to have affected people who
    used the nightly builds released after version 1.3.0.26. What
    you should do is hit [Update All Feeds] and wait patiently
    while it eventually re-downloads all the feeds.

     
  • Feng

    Feng - 2005-04-14

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1258632

    I upgraded from 1.3.0.26. I tried what you told me, it still
    doesn't work. I downloaded the source code for 1.3.0.26, and
    debugged it, I found the problem might be the 'NotModified'
    problem. On the RequestCompleted event, these feeds
    got 'NotModified' status and with 'null' value on response
    stream param; and seems it never have been successfully
    downloaded, so the feed can't retrieve from the cache too.

    Here's another feed has the problem
    http://blogs.msdn.com/cbrumme/rss.aspx, I looked at the
    source for all these feeds have problem, they haven't been
    updated for long time; do you think that's the problem came
    from?

     
  • Torsten Rendelmann

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=714452

    We store the "LastModified" and/or "ETag" HTTP header
    content to the feedlist (subscriptions.xml). Depending on
    your local configuration for the "Max Item Age" of the feed(s)
    or globally, the items downloaded long time ago can get out
    of scope and will be purged if "old enough". Further if the
    feeds did not get updated by the owner, they will be empty
    some day.

    So a workaround would be: remove the particular subscription
    (s), and re-subscribe them with a higher global "Max Item
    Age" setting. That will "restore" at least the items currently
    available through the feed. After that you should raise the feed
    (s) own "Max Item Age" to keep the entries the time you
    want.

    If this then works for you, please comment about it here,
    please: we could then close the "bug".

     
  • Feng

    Feng - 2005-04-18

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1258632

    Thanks a lot!! The workaround did fix my problem.

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks