Menu

Tokentool drag 'n drop error

Help
uteck
2005-05-17
2013-05-23
  • uteck

uteck - 2005-05-17

I can't get drag and drop to work.  I am using the .jar file with Sun Java 5 on Linux.  This is what the terminal says when I drop the jpeg on it.  (but formated different)

java.awt.datatransfer.UnsupportedFlavorException: application/x-java-file-list
            at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.getTransferData(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.datatransfer.TransferableProxy.getTransferData(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.dnd.DropTargetContext$TransferableProxy.getTransferData(Unknown Source)
            at net.rptools.tokentool.TokenCompositionPanel.drop(TokenCompositionPanel.java:172)
            at java.awt.dnd.DropTarget.drop(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.processDropMessage(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.access$800(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchDropEvent(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processDropTargetEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-05-18

We are currently in the process of teaching the tool about the mime types found in linux. 

We super appreciate your feedback, it's good to know what OSs our user base would like supported :)

• byrdca

byrdca - 2006-11-09

Just wanted to follow up on this.  I just downloaded the tokentool-1.0M2 zip release on 11/08/2006 and I am getting the same drag and drop issue.  Does it look lik ethis will get fixed anytime soon?  Also, I may be interested in helping out with the project if you guys are open to the idea of help and my free time allows.  Stack trace below just for good measure:

Fedora Core 5
        Gnome/Nautilus for Drag and Drop

java version "1.5.0_09"
        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03)
        Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

java.awt.datatransfer.UnsupportedFlavorException: application/x-java-file-list
                at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.getTransferData(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:219)
                at sun.awt.datatransfer.TransferableProxy.getTransferData(TransferableProxy.java:56)
                at java.awt.dnd.DropTargetContext$TransferableProxy.getTransferData(DropTargetContext.java:359)
                at net.rptools.tokentool.TokenCompositionPanel.drop(TokenCompositionPanel.java:191)
                at java.awt.dnd.DropTarget.drop(DropTarget.java:430)
                at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.processDropMessage(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:500)
                at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.access$800(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:53)
                at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchDropEvent(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:812)
                at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SunDropTargetContextPeer.java:736)
                at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetEvent.dispatch(SunDropTargetEvent.java:29)
                at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3826)
                at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
                at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
                at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
                at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processDropTargetEvent(Container.java:3963)
                at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3817)
                at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
                at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1778)
                at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
                at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
                at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-11-09

Actually, we've moved on something fierce since 1.0M2 :)

Check out our new forums:

http://forums.rptools.net/index.php

We released 1.0 back in June or so, and we're right on the verge of releasing 1.1, you should check out rptools.net to get the latest 1.1 development version and see if this is still a problem for you.

Look forward to seeing you over there !

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-05-18

Could you tell me what the source application was of the drag ?

• uteck

uteck - 2005-05-19

I was using konqueror to drag a jpeg.  I did not try with other filemanagers.

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-05-19

The M2 build is already accounted for, but I'll make the necessary adustments for the M3 release.  This should make it work for at least the following apps:

Konquerer
      Mozilla
      Firefox
      Nautilus

• uteck

uteck - 2005-08-07

It's been awhile, since I lest checked in and I was hopping for a new version to use on Linux. I still have the M3 version I tried months ago and it still does not let me drag a token from konqueror to maptool.  Dragging from tokentool works, but then I have to make the token every time.

Any chance of a M4 version?

• Michael Rice

Michael Rice - 2005-08-09

uteck,

We're testing M4 hopefully for a release this week. 

You don't have to make the token every time -- save it from tokentool to the filesystem and use maptool's Open Asset Bar to open the directory it's saved in, then you can use it directly in maptool.

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-08-09

Something that may not be obvious (that needs to be documented) is the ability to load assets from the filesystem. 

Create an asset directory somewhere convenient, then create a hierarchical structure that you like, such as PCs, MOBs, Artifacts, whatever.  You can make it as deep or shallow as you like.

Then, in MapTool, hit CTRL-A which will open the Add Asset Panel dialog.  Navigate and open the top level of the hierarchy.  In the left panel the directory will show up.  Double click it to expand it.  You can then navigate to any of your tokens.

Couple notes:
      1) We're working on making MapTool remember all the asset directories you've added so you don't have to do that each time
      2) Make it more obvious that you can add asset panels
      3) Make it more intuitive that you have to expand the root node to see the hierarchy

As for direct drag-n-drop on Linux, dropping from the filesystem (or browser) in Linux has been a little tricky, and is not yet included in M4, but definitely will be included in either M5 or 1.0 (the next two releases), which should be over the next month.