Menu

New Feature: Quick Maps

2005-11-21
2013-05-23
  • Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-11-21

From previous forum discussions, I thought I'd try a new feature: Quick Maps.  We'll create a small library of basic unbounded maps that can be brought up very quickly.

There are only two maps right now, Grass, and a gray tile thing.  They are under the menu Map->Quick Map.    We would welcome original submissions for contributions to the quick map list.

Let us know what you think about this feature and whether we should expand or remove it :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Expand! Great feature.  Some proposals for "generic" maps for impromptu encounters are:

- a road with grass on either side
      - a campsite
      - a cave (10')
      - a cave with a cross tunnel
      - a cliff
      - forest (of various densities)
      - a street
      - a street intersection

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-12-23

This is a great list, perhaps other forum visitors can add others that would be useful.

What we'll probably do, in order to keep the download of the tool small, is create a downloadable repository of images that can be directly downloaded and installed from rptools.net. 

If anyone is interested in starting that up (We're not graphic artists), contact me directly and we'll get you hooked up :)

-Trev

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2005-12-26

This site, http://www.dungeoncrafter.com/, has some nice textures for unbounded maps, and a good bounded map maker. I would be very interested if there were to be a way to add new quick maps. Please consider this suggestion for a later version.

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2005-12-26

I know about the "New Unbounded Map" feature, but I like having the menu, and would like to be able to add to it. Thanks for adding the tracker.

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2005-12-26

Cool, I'll tinker around with an interface for managing the quickmaps.

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2005-12-27

thanx

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2005-12-27

Another source of nice textures, to the rather detrmined, are "Age of..." games. With some trouble, the terrains from these games can be transferred, and they tile very nicely for unboundeds.

• Nobody/Anonymous

This site has taken off where DC left off...

http://www.dungeonforge.com/

Almost like Dunjinni, but FREE! :)