Menu

Observers and Chat Features

Brisingre
2006-01-07
2013-05-23
  • Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-07

I have a few suggestions. The first concerns a new connection mode, Observer. An observer could have a view that could be toggled between player and GM, but could not affect the game in any way, i.e. place tokens, add zones, chat, etc. Alternatively, an observer could have chat rights but not be able to see from a GM view. A GM could possibly "Demote" players to observer status, possibly if their character died. My other request is for some chat features, some of which will be repeated from other posts, but please stay with me. My requests here are as follows. First, I would like a way to move and resize the chat window. One way to do this would be to move the chat into another tab right under "Observer". Second of all, I would like to be able to change the default chat color, as white is illegible on some maps. Third of all, I would like to see some rich text features in the chat dialog, i.e. change font, font size, color, underline, etc. lastly, I would like to see the GM be able to silence players and/or observers, to deal with someone who just won't shut up no matter what you do. Thank you for considering these suggestions, and I really like these programs.

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-08

At some point the GM can assign players to tokens, and they will only be able to move those tokens.  Would it be sufficient to just have a player who doesn't own any tokens ?  Or is the idea that they can view what the GM does but just not have GM power ?

RE: Chat window, I'm really becoming disatisfied with the chat window in its current implementation.  I'm looking at putting it into its own panel (that is, not as an overlay).  Still thinking about the best place for it.  It'll probably be collapsable, and after a time of non use will auto hide.  Then on new messages, or mouse hover, will reappear.  That might be a sufficient compromise.

Rich text will definitely be supported, that's a key feature for sure.

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-09

I was thinking of a new view type, either A, there for the benifit of someone who you want to watch and not play, either like a player that could only chat and not affect the game, or a GM who could only watch and not have any powers at all even chat, or B, a place to drop a player who died and you didn't want interfering, or someone you wanted out of the way b/c they were irratating.

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-09

I was thinking of a new view type, either A, there for the benifit of someone who you want to watch and not play, either like a player that could only chat and not affect the game, or a GM who could only watch and not have any powers at all even chat, or B, a place to drop a player who died and you didn't want interfering, or someone you wanted out of the way b/c they were irratating. Possibly also as a way to teach newbies or to let the new player who doesn't have a character yet participate.

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-09

Dang I double-posted that. Ignore first post plz.

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-10

heh