Menu

New Update: Memory management updates

2006-01-04
2013-05-23
  • Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-04

I've put in some optimizations for working with very large maps.  It only keeps one in memory at a time.  This means that if you have more than one bounded map there will be a brief delay when switching maps as it loads the map back into memory.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.  If you have any problems, post them here and I'll get them fixed.

• Brad

Brad - 2006-01-05

I assume that this problem relates to the new memory management. When I switch from one map to another, the currently revealed section of the Fog of War mask starts out in the wrong place. It snaps back to the proper location if I change the magnification or move the map.

In fact, upon more testing, I can switch between maps without incident if I do not move the map view from the opening state. If a move the view, switch to another map and then switch back, the mask is misplaced.

This is happening in both the GM and player modes and therefore reveals improper things to the players on their side until the mask snaps beack into place.

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-05

Whoah, that's bad.  I'll get that fixed in a couple minutes

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-05

Fixed, available in ALPHA build 69.  I also noticed the minimap wasn't showing the exposed part of the map, I've fixed that too.

Thanks for the headsup, let me know if you find other kinks