Menu

ALPHA Build 79 Notes: Registry and Templates

2006-01-23
2013-05-23
  • Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-23

Instance Registry
    This release introduces yet another way to find your friends !  On the start server dialog you can optionally register your server (for the lifetime of the server) with rptools.net.  Just pick a name and optional password, then have your friends select the rptools.net tab on the Connect to Server dialog.

Connection Test
    There is a new button on the Start Server dialog TestConnection.  Click this button and it will attempt to connect to your server on the specified port.  If all your port and firewall settings are set up correctly you will get a success message.  Otherwise you will get a failure message.  This is a good way to test your configuration.

Template updates
    Jay has checked in some template code tweaks.  The line tool should work correctly now as well as some other tweaks.

As always, this is an ALPHA build with brand new functionality.  Give it a try, and let us know how you like it and if you have any problems :)

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-23

Oh yeah, and I fixed the duplicate player name login issue.  No more duplicate player names :) (although the handling of it needs to be polished up some)

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-25

I noticed that the registry killed the seperate player and GM passwords, or else added a new one before you even got to type the original passwords. Could this be made better?

• Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-26

I'm not quite sure I'm following.  The registry adds a password that lets you access the server information, you then still need to have the appropriate gm or player password when connecting to the server.  Would more instructions, layout, or wordage improve the intuitiveness of the dialog ?

• Nobody/Anonymous

oh in that case it's fine. I just wonedered if it replaced the pass, then it would be bad b/c anyone could be a gm and see the adventure plans, this way is fine.
      -brisingre