Menu

ALPHA Build 72 Notes: Call for testing

2006-01-09
2013-05-23
  • Trevor Croft

Trevor Croft - 2006-01-09

ALPHA Build 72 introduces refactoring of how the client works when not connected.  This will make all of the "Must be a GM to do that" dialogs go away when you are not connected.

However, this involves some fairly significant restructuring, and although I've tried to regression test everything, it would be super cool if you could all give it a go and help iron out any remaining kinks.  This should greatly improve the usability of MapTool and make first time use a more pleasant experience :)

Some other minor things that were also implemented:

Increase the movement polling time from 2 times a second to 4 times.  The result is that you should see remote token movement a little faster (more frequently)

Don't display token drag distance when the distance is 0.  Minor, yes, but it was annoying me :)

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-09

I will gladly help in terms of whatever feedback you want, (In fact, it will be hard to stop me giving some), but I can't connect to myself, I don't know anyone else who can host a server for me, and I only have one computer, so I may be of little use. I don't know Java, so I wont be able to iron out wrinkles, only point them out.

• Trevor Croft

Heh, you're funny :)

What I usually do is just run more than one instance on the same computer.

That is, just click the webstart link twice.  Then when connecting on to the other, use 'localhost' as the computer name.

• Trevor Croft

In fact, some times I have 3 or 4 maptools all on the same computer all connected to one of them, in order to test some functionality :)

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-09

Yes, for some reason that doesn't seem to work for me. I will try again though. I typed my own IP, so I will  try it this way. I will post again as soon as I have tested this. Thank you for helping.

• Brisingre

Brisingre - 2006-01-09

Update: Thanx so much!! I didn't know about the localhost thing and it works perfect now!!