SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Source Lines Dates

Help
2014-04-02
2014-04-09
  • David Clark

David Clark - 2014-04-02

Michael, I have been playing with your RPG Editor and I really like but I have not been able to use it on older code because I still use the dates on the source code. I had wondered is there a way to call or FTP a command back to the I Series when I open a source member and again when I save a source member? What I am thinking is if I can is to call a program save a copy of the source and when it is updated call a RPG to read the copy and the edited source and compare the SRCDTA fields and on exact match update the SRCDAT field with the old date and all other lines will keep the dates that the editor applies. I can call these manually but if it can be automated I can post everything here and anyone else needing the ability can use it and improve it if they wanted. Also, thanks for a great editor.

David

• Mihael Schmidt

Mihael Schmidt - 2014-04-05

Hi, sorry for the late answer. The RPG Next Gen Editor doesn't support keeping the dates untouched.

The editor won't be further developed by myself. If you would like to step up and make changes then please do it.

I have started a closed source project for the next RPG editor. Hopefully coming out by the end of this year. It will support keeping the change dates of the lines.

So stay tuned.

Mihael

• David Clark

David Clark - 2014-04-08

Cool I look forward to seeing the next editor. I may take a look at the source and see if it is anything I can do. Thanks.

David

• David Clark

David Clark - 2014-04-08

Mihael, I just happened to think of something, can RPGNG be run from the command line with parms for the source you want to edit?

• Mihael Schmidt

Mihael Schmidt - 2014-04-09

Hi David,

you can pass parameters to the program. At the moment it will just ignore them/don't react on them. You could add your code to handle the parameters.

You might want to use: Platform.getCommandLineArgs();