From: Thomas Leonard <tal00r@ec...> - 2001-01-21 13:29:01
I've put a new release of the filer on the web site:
It's a developer release, so you may wish to stay with the current
stable version, although the new one seems perfectly OK.
The main new features are:
- Image files can be shown as a small version of the image (suggested by
Sprague and Simon Britnell). You need to choose 'Create Thumbs' from
the Display menu to turn this on.
- New filer windows appear at a sensible size, and there is a new menu
entry to resize an existing window (Denis Manente).
- The handling of executable files has changed - if they have a known
extension then that is used for the type. This copes better with Windows
shares, where everything may be executable (Simon Britnell).
- New command-line option -x to force the filer to re-examine a file
- The language translation can now be set from the Options box.
- All the Message window logging stuff has gone. ROX-Session now handles
this stuff (available in CVS only for now).
- The colours work better with Gtk themes.
- Various (minor) bugs have been fixed.
Also of interest is that there are various new ROX utilities:
These include Edit (text editor), Memo (clock/alarms), System (Task
Manager) and some utilities by Diego Zamboni, including a trashcan and
wrappers for various applications.
Thomas Leonard http://rox.sourceforge.net