So far, I've found 3 different Battery status monitors for ROX - and none of them were quite what I
wanted. So, I've been hacking on Rds' & Tilo Riemer's Baroque applet for a few weeks until I was
happy with it.
* Mainly it is just simplified in terms of features and panel space.
* I also created a set of icons (2 vertical svg & png, 1 horizontal svg - default), that you can
switch between pretty easily. You can also create your own. There is just one icon 'battery0.svg'
for 'On AC' and 'battery1-10.svg' for each percentage group from 10% to 100%. I used colors from
green to red to indicate charge.
* The only text display is in the tooltip, which indicates charge level, on AC or Battery, and
* I also made it resize properly with the panel.
* I included apm.py, but couldn't get acpi.py to work here. Let me know if you need acpi support.
I'm going to work on that next.
Someone suggest a good name!
Web page and 0install coming soon (probably not until I decide on a proper name). Til then get it here:
I attached a small screenshot of my panel showing On AC status. (the email icon is one I'm
experimenting with for Postal in case you care)
Share and Enjoy.
From: Ken Hayber <ken@ha...> - 2006-01-15 15:21:07
Lennon Cook wrote:
> Ken Hayber wrote:
>>Someone suggest a good name!
> 'The BatMon' . For best effect, use a bat sollouette icon.
> Lennon Victor Cook
Hmmm, maybe, but I think I've seen that used somewhere already.
I did some googling for Battery synonyms and came up with:
Lithium (my choice so far, cuz it has other connotations),
Electrode (sounds like a superhero)