It's really weird. I've never been able to get my Echo Layla setup to
work with Rosegarden so there must be some fundamental incompatibility
or stupidity on my part going on. I'm usually pretty good at getting
things like this to work, but this one's defeated me for years now.
I've always wanted to use Rosegarden because of it's
audio/midi/dssi/NOTATION! capabilities, but couldn't ever get it to
work. I've switched to Muse as a last ditch solution, but I have to
admit I'm pretty impressed with how well it works out of the box.
Unfortunately it doesn't have all the cool features I lust for in
Rosegarden. I'm going to keep trying though (after I finish my current
project). I know there must be some dumb setting or interaction between
the Echo hardware and the routing in Rosegarden. The Echo's internal
routing is pretty complicated so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I
can't get it to work right.
Thanks much for the input, folks!
D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Thursday 09 July 2009, Chris Cannam wrote:
>> I've tested back to 1.5.0 (any older release is too fiddly to build
>> with current compilers for now) and got the same behaviour.
> Hard to believe I missed this myself for this long, but I guess it just shows
> I never record multiple audio tracks at the same time, being a one man band
> and all.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.