From: Julie S <msjulie_s@ya...> - 2010-09-16 11:57:39
This here are some things I plan on accomplishing in line with dealing with the auto expand issues:
* RG Main Canvas Draw mode:
- Drawing to the left of beginning of composition creates segment that extends to prior to the beginning of composition. These segments should truncate at composition begin
- Drawing to the right of the end of the composition creates segment that extends past the end of the composition. These segments should truncate at composition end.
I imagine this will be easy enough to resolve.
* Update the Composition->Change Composition Length Dialog box
- I would like there to be an option or options to expand the composition beginning / end so that all segments in the composition are visible.
The extact GUI interface for this is up for debate. We could make one button that does both beginning and and, or two buttons -- one for each. Suggestions?
The idea is that this will save guess work when users need use the beginning and end of composition to hide part of the work, then would later like to open the scope back up.
From: D. Michael McIntyre <michael.mcintyre@ro...> - 2010-09-16 14:57:47
On Thursday, September 16, 2010, Julie S wrote:
> truncate at composition begin
> truncate at composition end
> button that does both beginning and and, or two buttons -- one for each.
One button sounds like a winner to me. Having segments before the beginning
is pretty rare anyway, and it doesn't deserve a special case or an extra
control, I don't think.
D. Michael McIntyre