From: Chris Cannam <cannam@al...> - 2007-12-06 18:17:49
ROSEGARDEN 1.6.0 RELEASED
The Rosegarden team are giddy with probably short-lived delight at the release
of version 1.6.0 of Rosegarden, an audio and MIDI sequencer and musical
notation editor for Linux.
This is a feature release; a brief list of new features is as follows:
* Diatonic transpose
* Marker ruler usability improvements
* Multiple lines of lyrics
* Highlight overlapping notes in notation editor
* Better LilyPond output dialog, preview through Lilypond,
print through LilyPond from segment and notation views
* In-place LilyPond header value editing in LilyPond option dialog
* Transposition of the staff shown in LilyPond output
* Show current segment colour in raw note ruler, permit cycling
through segments on single staff in notation
* Menus and configuration dialog reorganised for easier access and
* Infrared remote control: Support for IRKick
* Add track(s) in middle
* Use RTC timer when recent kernel and ALSA versions are detected
* Expanded documentation
* Reorganised configuration dialog into standard/advanced options
* Some revised example files
* Nice new splash screen
A more detailed feature and bug-fix checklist for this release can be read at
For more information about Rosegarden and what it can do for you,
Rosegarden is Free Software under the GNU General Public License.
From: Chris Cannam <cannam@al...> - 2007-12-06 18:21:01
On Thursday 06 December 2007 18:19, Chris Cannam wrote:
> ROSEGARDEN 1.6.0 RELEASED
Note that the final 1.6.0 tarball is exactly the same code as in 1.6.0-pre3;
the only change is that it includes the latest French translation fixes.
I've made a few website updates as well -- report your hideous breakages here!