ldap-abook project

2000-06-02
2003-05-21
  • David Leigh

David Leigh - 2000-06-02

Greetings.  A few months ago, I put together a perl cgi frontend to a LDAP server in order to make my household's address book available via LDAP, and I have recently created the ldap-abook project to make this code available to others.  Clearly there is some significant overlap between ldap-abook and rolodap, and I am very interested in seeing what rolodap looks like as it takes shape.  In the meantime, I offer ldap-abook as something to look at, use, appreciate, critisize, steal from, or ignore.  Perhaps someday the two projects can be merged...

FYI:  I have put a link on the ldap-abook home page (http://ldap-abook.sourceforge.net) pointing to the rolodap home page because those interested in one may also be interested in the other.

Thanks,
    David Leigh
    dleigh@users.sourceforge.net

• John Lederer

John Lederer - 2000-06-03

This looks very interesting and I am sorry we were not more aware of it when we started.

Could we talk you into contributing to Rolodap?  Abook would provide a great start.

John

• David Leigh

David Leigh - 2000-06-05

> Could we talk you into contributing to Rolodap? Abook would provide a > great start.

I'd be happy to help where I can, provided that you have no problem with the possibility of some ideas from rolodap finding their way into ldap-abook.

• John Lederer

John Lederer - 2000-06-12

I saw this about a year ago, and asked the author if he would open source it.  It is a simple but nice looking ldap contacts application.

http://www.literati.com/webldap

It might provide good code to work from.  Thanks to the author

• mamatha.b

mamatha.b - 2003-05-21

i encountered the following error while configuring web based ldap address book with rolodap.
          ldap_init(webmail,0)
          add objectclass
              organisation
          add o:

adding a new entry :"o=   ,c=US"
         ldap_add :Insufficient access
         ldif_record()=50
      please post some solution to this error.
      post to mamatha_gu_pra@yahoo.co.in
           thank you

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks