Sample Files (working ones)

• Ben Dugdale

Ben Dugdale - 2003-11-02

I was frustrated for some time by my assumption that the configuration files (slapd.conf, rolodap.conf, and sample.ldif) were compatable with each other for a testing environment.  Since I stuck with the test theme, and now have it working I have a set of compatable files for your enjoyment.  Also of note is the fact that the core.schema in my config was incompatible with the rolodap.schema, so I had to use the core.schema provided in the package as well.
    My Setup:                                                                                               
    Linux RH9 2.4.20-20.9 #1 Mon Aug 18 11:27:43 EDT 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
    rolodap v1

Sorry the files don't fit here.  You can find them at

• hans muster

hans muster - 2003-11-03

Did you have to change the schema too?

I found that the original schemas provided with the software will not work with openldap 2.0.

As it is, I am still stuck with strange error messages...

thanx for your input...

• Ben Dugdale

Ben Dugdale - 2003-11-07

I didn't edit the schemas but I did have to replace my core.schema with the one provided in rolodap/extras

• Julian Parker

Julian Parker - 2004-02-11

Thanks for this, I tried using rolodap ages ago when I saw an article in LinuxJournal but couldnt get it going. I only recently returned to give it another go hoping that I'd have a little more experience with LDAP again to find that I hadn't got a to your config file examples I now seem to have got a bit further than before....

Just one thing, when I try to login using rolodapadmin/password I just get an invalid userid/password error and have to try again.

Is there anything I can do to check it's all properly in place.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks