Menu

Weird issues with roccat-tools 4.0.0

Help
2016-04-14
2016-04-16
  • André Fettouhi

André Fettouhi - 2016-04-14

I own a Roccat Ryos MK Pro keyboard and Roccat Kone XTD mouse. I have the mouse plugged into the keyboard and the keyboard into the back of my Linux PC. I am running Arch Linux 64 bit with KDE Plasma 5.6. A few days ago I upgraded to roccat-tools 4.0.0 via AUR. Now everytime I restart my machine all the lights on the keyboard go out when log into my desktop. I can get the lights back when I run the device settings tool for the keyboard and click the Editor button then all the lights go on again as they should.

• Axelander

Axelander - 2016-04-15

the same issue with Ryos MK Pro, but i can't get lights back and Caps_Lock stops working as Caps_Lock

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2016-04-15

Regarding the lights: I'm more and more leaving Roccats ways and doing my own thing. Changing the scripting abilities from layer-based fancy effects to profile based, more powerful possibilities is one such thing. Unifying all the Ryos in scripting abilities is another. But I also had the need to release something for the RyosMKFX users to work with sooner than later. So the transition began but in 4.0 it's only halfway there.
    To see the normal light settings you have to edit ~/.config/roccat/ryosmk.ini or ~/.config/roccat/ryostkl.ini and insert the following lines

[Eventhandler]
    RippleModule=

This leaves you with no scripted effects altogether for now. (Lua related warnings in the console can be ignored)

Regarding the Capslock: I can reproduce this and will investigate.

The next release should make things much better but the RyosMKPro support has to be changed in large amounts which takes some time.

• André Fettouhi

André Fettouhi - 2016-04-16

Thanks for the clarification, got my lights back :). How do set the CAPS LOCK key to be a regular caps lock? I've trying to figure that out for months now?

• Axelander

Axelander - 2016-04-16

I continue to use Roccat-Tools 3.9.0

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2016-04-16

@Andre: If you sit around for months waiting for something to happen without telling me there's a good chance nothing will happen. For the early birds, here's the patch for the caps-lock issue:

diff --git a/ryosmk/libroccatryosmk/ryos_key_mask.h b/ryosmk/libroccatryosmk/ryos_key_mask.h
    index d617777..6f05ae7 100644
    --- a/ryosmk/libroccatryosmk/ryos_key_mask.h
    +++ b/ryosmk/libroccatryosmk/ryos_key_mask.h
    @@ -34,6 +34,7 @@ struct _RyosKeyMask {

typedef enum {
            RYOS_KEY_MASK_BIT_TAB = 0,
    +       RYOS_KEY_MASK_BIT_CAPS_LOCK = 1,
            RYOS_KEY_MASK_BIT_LEFT_WIN = 2,
            RYOS_KEY_MASK_BIT_RIGHT_WIN = 3,
            RYOS_KEY_MASK_BIT_APP = 4,
    diff --git a/ryosmk/libroccatryosmkwidget/ryos_key_mask_selector.c b/ryosmk/libroccatryosmkwidget/ryos_key_mask_selector.c
    index 4598b0a..55122d0 100644
    --- a/ryosmk/libroccatryosmkwidget/ryos_key_mask_selector.c
    +++ b/ryosmk/libroccatryosmkwidget/ryos_key_mask_selector.c
    @@ -79,6 +79,8 @@ guint8 ryos_key_mask_selector_get_mask(RyosKeyMaskSelector *selector) {
                    roccat_set_bit8(&mask, values[i], state);
            }

+       roccat_set_bit8(&mask, RYOS_KEY_MASK_BIT_CAPS_LOCK, TRUE);
    +
            return mask;
     }

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel