Summary Page Provides ARVO Software Installer But Screenshots Show Tyon

Help
tackyjan
2015-10-03
2015-10-19
  • tackyjan

tackyjan - 2015-10-03

Hello All,

On the main summary page there is a download link for a file called Arvo128update1.exe. The screenshots below the download link show GUIs for more than just the Arvo, however.

Here is one for the Tyon:

Does Arvo128Update1.exe install stuff for the Tyon as well or is it a different download?

Thank you,

Jan

Last edit: tackyjan 2015-10-03
  • Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-10-04

The Arvo128Update1.exe is an inofficial update for Arvos Windows driver just shown to people that are viewing the main page with a Windows system. The folder roccat-tools in the files section contains the main thing you maybe searched for.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-10-04

Just to let you know what I am trying to do...

I have written a macro program for Windows and I want to be able to intercept mouse button clicks (including the "X" buttons, i.e. side, tilt, etc.) and trigger macros upon receiving an event. So I guess I need the API/source code that defines the events that the Tyon sends for each button.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-10-05

The Tyon doesn't send a specific event for each button. What it sends is specific to it's settings. If a button is configured as a shortcut or macro it will send events on the keyboard endpoint. If it's configured as a mouse button it will send a event on the mouse endpoint. For all non-standard things it sends a special report from the mouse endpoint. These non-standard things are documented in my source.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-10-12

So would it be possible, using your software, to write my own version of their Swarm (Macro, button assignments, etc.)? I want to do so because I feel like the stock software is missing some key features.

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-10-13

Feel free to use the information you find in my code as long as you stick to the license, but don't expect any exceeding information regarding Windows development.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-10-14

I really hate to keep bugging you, :)... but could you give me some guidance as to how to begin compiling your stuff on Windows 10 using Visual Studio? Thanks!

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-10-15

It won't compile.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-10-18

Aww, so what I am trying to do is pretty much not possible? To reprogram the mouse/macro files using my own software?

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-10-19

It's totally possible to write a software that can reconfigure the device. Roccat did this, I did this, so can also another one. But charging on the conversation here, maybe you should put "how to compile my first hello world program" on top of your agenda before continuing with things like "how to comunicate with usb devices under Windows" and such things.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel