Menu

How are Sensitivity Sliders and CPI Sliders different?

Help
Artist
2017-05-28
2017-05-28
  • Artist

Artist - 2017-05-28

There are four settings that affect how on screen cursor motion relates to on pad mouse motion. Two of them are in the Ubuntu OS's Mouse and Touchpad application where there is a slider for Acceleration and Sensitivity. I have these set to 0 and 1 px respectively. I have read about these and I know what they are.

The other two are in the roccatnythconfig application's Misc tab. These the CPI Switcher sliders and Sensitivity sliders. My guess is that CPI stands for Counts Per Inch. What I do not know is what the Sensitivity sliders are doing when they affect how much the on screen cursor moves in response to a mouse motion. What are the the techincal details regarding what the sensitivity sliders do differently than what the CPI switcher sliders do?

My mouse is the Roccat Nyth
    OS Info:
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
    Release: 16.04
    Codename: xenial

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2017-05-29

The Settings in roccatnythconfig are used by the devices firmware, not the host operating system. Usually it's best to use native sensor cpi settings with standard sensitivity. Some settings might result in interpolated values and reduced sensor performance, but should you have special needs like different sensitivity for the two axes, or you want to keep the settings host independent it's the way to go. For best results on one machine disable host acceleration, set host sensitivity to 1, device sensitivity to 0 and change device cpi to your needs.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel