Menu

[Tyon] No red in bottom front RGB LED

Help
Anonymous
2017-01-28
2017-02-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-28

The bottom front RGB LED doesn't show any red hue with every color I change the LEDs to. Purple produces blue, yellow produces green, etc. Is this a bug or a faulty LED?

It's a brand new Tyon, fresh out of the box.

Firmware version 1.22
    DFU version 1.05

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2017-01-29

Please update to firmware 1.33 to ensure best compatibility. If it doesn't work with that version it might be either the LED, the controller or just the soldering.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-29

Is there any native support for updating the firmware on Linux?

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2017-01-30

Unfortunately not for newer devices on newer kernels.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-31

Bummer.

Luckily I managed to find someone with a working Windows machine. I updated to firmware 1.33 but the light still doesn't show any red hue. So I guess the LED is faulty?

I looked at the warrenty information for getting an exchange from Newegg but I bought it over 30 days ago so I don't think they'll do an exchange. Not to mention they'll probably have me pay for shipping (and taxes).

So would you have any suggestions?

Also while I have your ear, do you have any opinions on the Ryos MK FX keyboard? I'm thinking about getting a new mechanical keyboard, since my current keyboard was made in the 80's, and I would think if anyone's opinion carried any weight on this topic, it would be your's.

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2017-01-31

One feature I'm missing on the FX is the layer dependent lighting the Pro has. Also you could choose the type of switches.
    The lighting drawback can be overgone under Linux with some Lua scripting .

Last edit: Stefan Achatz 2017-01-31
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-02-03

Yeah I saw the lighting could be controlled though LUA scripting. I can't wait until it goes on sale cause I'm really looking forward to that.

What do you mean by layer dependent lighting though?

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2017-02-06

The Ryos MK FX is on sale for a couple months already.

Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Easyshift are keys that change the layer of the keyboard. On different layers different events are issued and the Pro can automatically change lighting dependent on the active layer to show active keys for example.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel