Menu

roccateventhandler ** (roccateventhandler:3027): WARNING **: Could not init input event handling: Could not open uhid: Permission denied

Help
Anonymous
2015-09-01
2016-08-01
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-01

I'm added to roccat group, uhid module is loaded.

$ roccateventhandler

(roccateventhandler:3052): WARNING : Could not init input event handling: Could not open uhid: Permission denied

(roccateventhandler:3052): Kova[+]Eventhandler-WARNING **: Could not read actual profile: Could not open file /dev/hidraw0 for device key hidraw0: Permission denied

(roccateventhandler:3052): Kova[+]Eventhandler-WARNING **: Could not start chardev eventhandler: Permission denied

(roccateventhandler:3052): RyosMKEventhandler-WARNING **: Could not correct multimedia state: Could not open file /dev/hidraw1 for device key hidraw0: Permission denied

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-09-04

Did you do a relogin after adding yourself to group roccat? Did you replug the devices after installing roccat-tools? For uhid user access you need to create a custom udev rule which is described in INSTALL for libgaminggear. I repeat it here:

* For input events to work for users (needed for software macros and such) they
        need access rights for uinput or uhid. To use them as normal user you should
        create an extra group like

$ sudo groupadd --system uinput-users

and add all needed users to this group.

$ sudo usermod -a -G uinput-users $USER

Create a file like /etc/udev/rules.d/90-uinput.rules containing the lines

KERNEL=="uinput", GROUP="uinput-users", MODE="0660"
        KERNEL=="uhid", GROUP="uinput-users", MODE="0660"

Also you need to make sure the modules are loaded automatically. For this
        create a file /etc/modules-load.d/uinput.conf with either uinput or uhid as
        it's content.

Unload/reload the module or reboot.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-04

yep, i did all of those manipulations, and suddenly found out that the problem was in Plasma5 (KDE5)

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-09-04

Maybe you wanna put the solution here to help other people that might run into the same problem.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-05

i haven't find solution for Plasma5 (KDE5) and moved to XFCE. But there is also no problems with KDE and LXQT.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-11-18

This is Pedro Mateus from Linux Gamecast. The guy with Kova+ that was bugging you about Fallout 4.

I had something similar happen with Fedora 23.

For some reason, /dev/uhid didn't have the right permissions for me.

I had to change permissions for /dev/uhid since the udev rules don't seem to do anything.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-08-01

FYI, on current Fedora 24 there's an issue with selinux-=policy where the /etc/modules-load.d stuff does not work (specifically systemd-modules-load cannot actually load kernel modules - see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1322625). that creates a bit of a headache as uhid won't load early enough to fix group-ownership and mode on /dev/uhid, leaving roccateventhandler unable to access it.

for those feeling sufficiently adventurous, ...

module systemd_modules_load 1.0;

require {
            type systemd_modules_load_t;
            class capability sys_module;
    }                                                                         

#============= systemd_modules_load_t ==============
    allow systemd_modules_load_t self:capability sys_module; 

can be used to get around this until the standard policy is fixed. If you don't know what to do with that, then you probably shouldn't mess with it.

Hope This Helps™,
    —Rubio

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel