Menu

Macro repeat whilst holding?

Help
Anonymous
2015-09-06
2019-02-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-06

First of all great software, easily provides everything the Windows driver does.

I just have one small question - is it possible to get a macro to repeat for as long as a button is being pressed? I am using the driver for my tyon mouse and have mostly everything how I want it but I am just trying to configure the right forward button to be assigned to W.

I can get it to output the key once having recorded a macro but what I'm looking for is to have this repeat whilst the button is pressed down to allow me to use it in games to move forward. Is such a thing possible within the driver, and if so how would I go about assigning it?

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-09-07

If it's just a single key you wanna hold down, use a shortcut. It's not possible with macros.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-09-07

Thanks, missed that one completely - saw the windows, alt etc. under shortcuts but didn't twig I could pick shortcut to define one.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-12-30

can u tell me how to make it trigger the same button multiple times? bc this is basically just holding down a button, but i want it to trigger the button severl times, which doesnt work. would be cool :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-12-02

to hold down a button................

dont use the "macro+preset compilation"..

use instead the "assign a shortcut"...
    then check "none" + any key you like..

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-12-14

kurze Frage, wenn ich mir den sreenshot von dem config Programm für die Tyon anschaue dann sieht man oberhalb der Reiter Default 1 die Menuepunkte File, Edit, Device und Help.
    Leider habe ich bei mir diese Menuepunkte nicht. Ist das normal oder läuft bei mir etwas falsch.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-12-30

I've just setup tilt scroll wheel left & right to run two macros. Left tilt is bound to: "Continuous Fire Start", Right tilt is bound to "Continous Fire Stop". "Continuous Fire Start" will press the left mouse button only (not release, no repeating action). "Continous Fire Stop" will release the left mouse button only (not click). This allows me to toggle firing in OMD:U as I please and saves me from RSI injury! Best. Present. Ever!! See images.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-05-02

is there a way to spam left mouse button?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-02-16

I would also love a way to spam the left mouse button. There's only one other autoclicker I've gotten to work on Linux and it's not really for 'on the fly' situations. It requires alt-tabbing, setting the parameters (timings, number of clicks etc), alt-tabbing back, and then it runs the number of clicks and stops. Useful for specific situations, but not so much for others.

I've written up a bash script to help fill this void, but it's a bit limited right now and some things have to be hard codded. Just run it and it will autoclick when certain keys or key combinations are held down.

#!/bin/bash
    fn(){
        while [ true ]; do

#get your device id with the command "xinput --list" (mine was 11):
            keys=$(xinput --query-state 11)

#comment/uncomment for different key press events:

#ctrl+super+alt:
    #       if [[ "$keys" == *"[133]=down"* ]] && [[ "$keys" == *"[37]=down"* ]] && [[ "$keys" == *"[64]=down"* ]]; then

#q:
    #       if [[ "$keys" == *"[24]=down"* ]]; then

#f:
            if [[ "$keys" == *"[41]=down"* ]]; then

#comment/uncomment for which mode:

#mode 1 (works better with some games):
    #           xdotool click 1
    #           sleep 0.1

#mode 2 (works better with other games):
                xdotool mousedown 1
                sleep 0.1
                xdotool mouseup 1
                sleep 0.1

else
                #no key press detected, so limit checks to 4 a second
                sleep 0.25
            fi
        done
    }

fn &
    fnid=$!

zenity --info --text="Close this window to exit autoclicker." --title="autoclicker"
    kill $fnid

To get the key ids for the above if statements, you can run this bash script (just hold the desired key down while the below script is running):

#!/bin/bash
    while [ true ]; do
        all=$(xinput --query-state 11)
        for key in $all; do
            if [[ $key == *"=down"* ]]; then
                echo $key
            fi
        done
        sleep 0.1
    done

But again, this is an imperfect solution. The ability to spam at the driver/firmware level seems like a more functional approach and presently the only way to do this is via macros. And at best, those can only loop X number of times for each specific button press. Spamming while holding down is a better alternative.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel