Menu

Tyon: bind keyboard keys in driver / help file additions

Help
2015-09-06
2015-09-08
  • Simon Dedman

Simon Dedman - 2015-09-06

Hi Stefan, hopefully an easy one.

I'm trying to bind "left arrow" to fin left, and right arrow to fin right, but I can't work out how. The GUI only accepts items in the menu, but the only things which look like they allow keyboard key options are //
    Don't worry, I've worked it out: shortcuts: shortcut; press they key.

Tw things then, both for documentation/FAQ (sorry if they're there and I didn't see them):
    - Please can you add a line about how to do this in the General or Tyon help pages? Also ideally explaining what everything is e.g. xinput, dinput, etc etc?

• Please could you add a line about where the driver GUI gets installed to, e.g. on xubuntu they all go into settings, which I wasn't expecting, and thought it just hadn't installed.

Thanks so much for all your work on this, it's brilliant!

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2015-09-07

To be onest I'm too busy to care about something secondary like a manual.
    All the settings are named like in the Windows counterpart and if some things like d/x-input make sense for you might be dependent of your system setup.

Also the location of the application icons is dependent of your system. On Gnome3 its just a big bunch of all app icons searchable by name, on systems with application menu it should be in settings, which is where I want them to be. Or could you name a better category of http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-1.0.html#category-registry?

• Simon Dedman

Simon Dedman - 2015-09-08

Hi Stefan,
    I would probably say Game or Utilities, but it's not a massive problem. I'm happy to write lines for this and the other question in the helpfiles if you're ok to paste them in when you have time?

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel