Kone XTD Running without driver?

Help
Von Random
2013-12-14
2013-12-15
  • Von Random

Von Random - 2013-12-14

Hello.
    I've been trying to find out without any results. Kone XTD description says that it's capable of storing configuration, but so far I have completely failed to find out if it is possible to switch between profiles and use them without driver installed and running. So...

Having drivers and configuration tools on linux is awesome, but I prefer my devices as compatible as possible, especially at that price tag.

Does Kone XTD allow switching between DPI/profiles without driver on the fly?
    Does it remember selected profile between usage sessions?
    Does it allow to use different keybindings / macros without driver?
    Does it have any issues operating without driver?

Of course I ask these questions keeping in mind that I'll have to configure my profiles in advance and upload them to the mouse.

Thank you, you are my last hope.

• Stefan Achatz

Stefan Achatz - 2013-12-14

The KoneXTD has internal memory to store 5 Profiles with all button settings including the whole macros, sensitivity and cpi and light effect information.
    Cpi, sensitivity and the active profile are persistent.
    Intradevice easyshift works.

Configuring the device with the windows driver and using it on another system without special software you get most of the functionality excluding:
    - feedback: audio or on screen display of profile, cpi, sensitivity changes
    - timer: audio or on screen display of a countdown
    - talk: interdevice easyshift
    - quicklaunch: starting applications on button press
    - gamefile: automatic, application dependent profile changes

• Von Random

Von Random - 2013-12-14

Thank you very much for your answer, seems like I'll be getting me a new mouse soon. ^_^

• Dominique Michel

Or instead of using a limited window manager(desktop, you can use fvwm, which will allow you to bind any mouse bouton to any function you can think about, that independently of the mouse in use and on a per window basis if you want to.

• Von Random

Von Random - 2013-12-15

I can and, in fact, I do use awesome, which provides even more flexibility than fvwm. But I'm paying for an expensive piece of hardware and as a result, am expecting it to provide a bit more than default set of features of a cheap 7 button mouse.

Also, some games don't even allow you to set mouse key bindings, so yeah, I have to use workarounds in a form of binding keyboard keys to mouse.

Also konextdconfig seems to misread the configuration I set up using windows driver. Gonna look further into that. Everything else works as expected, yay.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel