other packaging minor bug fixes.
Improved documentation, some
bug fixes in the repository
A bug fix in mergecreateinstance, grid improvement in the repository sample
Compile bug fix.
mergecreateinstance bug fix.
- private/perl/printsource.pl security bug fix
- private/perl/toolbox mod_perl 2.0 compatible
Relevant to all Merge 3.x - 3.42 (we will have relase soon
where printsource.pl will be fixed).
You must apply patch if your server is exposed
and you need the privte directory on your server.
Please see the patch we submited.
- Aix patch is not back since it's a woraround more then a real solution
- Major bug in session table creation has been fixed
- Data::Password was separated from the main project
and is new a prerequisite module
this release is a pre release till the new version
will be finished and beta tested since radical changes
will be applyed to the upcomming version
We decided to withdraw version 3.42 as it was never loaded to CPAN and to go back to 3.41.
If you needed 3.42 for AIX compile problem, please use 3.41
and applay patch 712287.
We are about to start some engine rewrite and more
compilation failed on none linux machine fixed
Enabling install in win32 (tested with ActivePerl).
mercreateinstance - modification to allow work in win32.
improoved INSTALL documentation.
fix of AIX compile error.
- Improved mergecreateinstance script for easier setup
- Bug fix regarding DBD::SQLite integration
- Some bogs in the cookie scheme were fix still 1 to go
Bug fixes from 3.38
- problem working with an external Database
as a system DB has been solven
- few improvement in the security backend.
- improved SQLite handling
- improved mergecreateinstance
- all of the new Repository application files are in the package
- Still no Repository documentation ... lazy lazy me
- No template eror bug fixed
This version is a new step in the evolution of Merge
this version include the Merge Repository which is a DB scheme for creating
forms objects in an absolute manner + a grid object for data manipulation
All of the features above are in production status but they appear for the first time as a part of the Merge package all of these features are not documented yet. This is due to the fact that the Repository lacks a development IDE and is still in Beta stages.... read more
- Sticky cookie interface enhancement
- Content type feature in INI file
- Dynamic page header by using the content_type key in the url string
- No more use of autoflush in merge
Merge is now using DBD::SQLite for it's internal tables. This
will improve portability as we seperate user database from
Merge own tables.
- Merge can use dynamic engines keys (made out of RVAR tags)
- New RVERSION tag gives merge current ver
user is prompted with more information
user can skip httpd.conf update
- bug in else if currrected
- IP tracking machnisim fixed
-- ver 3.32 --
1) mergecreateinstance will now work (fix from ver 3.31)
2) Merge stopped using locale in HTTP headers
3) security backend user set password is working now
A shameless syntax error in Merge ver 3.31 has been corrected
-- ver 3.31 --
1) Merge will now handle correctly templates with syntax error. (Been broken between releases 3.27 and 3.30)
2) Using <$RINCLUDE> on a non existent template will yield an error.
The <$RPIC> tag now supports 3 formats:
X(number of time).'text'
D(POSIX strftime format).'date'
The online help contains more details.
A new feature allows you to precompile all the templates in your instance, so the site can be run without the source files residing on the server.
Source code obfuscation my be applied manually on the precompiled template files.