Non Linear Tools in Rkward

Help
Juan F
2015-04-11
2015-04-14
  • Juan F

Juan F - 2015-04-11

Hi Everybody,

I need to use Non Linear Regression Tools in R, like "nstools" or "nls". How Can I use these or others Non linear Regression packages in Rkward? I have installed Rkward 0.6.3 on Linux Mint 17.1.

Thanks for your help!

• Thomas Friedrichsmeier

Hi!

The functionality covered by graphical dialogs in RKWard is still somewhat limited, and does not include non-linear regression - in the official distribution.

The separately available package rk.Teaching provides some support for non-linear regression. As far as I am aware, it is only available in Spanish, ATM, and you'll have to check for yourself, whether it covers the functionality you need. You can install this using "Settings->Manage R packages and plugins..."

Apart from this, RKWard provides full access to R, and thus you can do simply use R inside RKWard, interactively (using the "R Console"-window), or by writing a script. You will still be able to profit from graphical functionality e.g. for importing/editing data, etc.

If your question is about installing R packages, specifically, the answer is simple: Either use

install.packages()

as in regular R, or the RKWards graphical package management dialog ("Settings->Manage R packages and plugins...").

Regards
    Thomas

• Juan F

Juan F - 2015-04-14

Thanks Thomas for your answer and your time. I will check rk package. I am a beginner in R and I am still learning about the use of the console.

Regards,

Juan.

Last edit: Juan F 2015-04-18