Menu

RKWard with Microsoft R Open

Help
2016-02-14
2016-02-14
  • Leszek Pawlowicz

I'm trying to get RKWard working with Microsoft R Open (installed on Windows 10, R version 3.2.3). For this, I installed KDE and RKWard independently, and specified the directory that contains R, Microsoft R open in this case. If I double-click on the program icon created by installation, it tells me that it can't locate rkward.bat, and sure enough it's not in the install directory (C:\ProgramData\KDE\bin). RKWard.exe is there, and if I double click on that, it seems to start up RKWard successfully, but I can't seem to load any data. However, I also get a KDE Crash Handler warning telling me that RKWard closed unexpectedly, with error "Executable: RKWARD~1.EXE PID: 6928 Signal: Unknown (0x 0)". Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

• m.eik

m.eik - 2016-02-14

hi laszek,
    the RKWard project moved to https://rkward.kde.org a while ago, it would help us if you opened a ticket in the KDE bug tracking system instead, see https://rkward.kde.org/Bugs for details on this.
    when you do, please also add the the version number of RKWard you are trying this with, as the RKWard installation needs to support the version of R you want to use it with. a crashing RKWard sounds like a mismatch here. R 3.2.3 should run with RKWard 0.6.4.

• Leszek Pawlowicz

So I stepped back, and installed the standard version of RKWard (including the KDE and R installations), in the hope that I could get that to work first, then try to get it to work with Microsoft R Open. And it does install (again, Windows 10 64-bit) , will run, and calculates stats successfully; however, if I try to create any graphics (e.g. plots), I get a "red circle with a slash in it" icon, which I assume means that either the PNG graphic was not created successfully, or RKWard can't find it to load it into the window. KDE problem?

• Thomas Friedrichsmeier

Hi!

... or RKWard can't find it to load it into the window. KDE problem?

Similar problems often occur when parts of an old installation are still running. Rebooting will usually fix this.

• Leszek Pawlowicz

Sorry - your message came up as I was typing this one. I will resubmit both on the KDE bug tracking system.