The Rootkit Hunter project is pleased to announce all the hard work and testing culminated
in the final release of version 1.3.0
The changelog for this release is packed listing over 30 new features, 47 changes and
16 bugfixes. To name a few:
- New command-line option '--propupd' replaces 'hashupd.sh'.
- New command-line option '--pkgmgr' supporting RPM, Dpkg and BSD-style package managers.
- New command-line option '--hash' to select the hash function command for the file hash
value check and the properties update.
- Added support for Ubuntu, and the 'dash' and 'ash' shells.
- Added basic internationalization (i18n) functionality.
- Added two new command-line and configuration file options, '--enable' and '--disable'
to specify which tests are to be carried out and which are to be ignored.
- Added support for Solaris 10 inetd mechanism (inetadm).
- Application version numbers can now be whitelisted. This caters for those distributions
that may patch a 'known bad' version, but without updating the original version number.
- Fixes since rkhunter-1.3.0-beta 2
There's much, much more. Please see the changelog for details on all the features, changes
My sincere thanks to all who made and make this project and this release possible. While
there are many known and unknown contributors, and all constructive support is viewed as
equally important, I would like to thank John Horne by name. Without his efforts many
improvements and features would not have been introduced *at all*.