Can I use REXX/SQL with Microsoft SQL Server

Help
2002-12-11
2013-04-25
  • Jon Wolfers

Jon Wolfers - 2002-12-11

Pardon me if this is a very naieve question.  I'm about to become a Newbie.  Our account system is about to be ported to Microsoft SQL Server 7 on W2000 & it is not clear to me from the list of platforms wether this is supported or not.

Thanks
    Jon

• Jon Wolfers

Jon Wolfers - 2002-12-12

I now know that the answer is yes.

thanks,

Jon

• Charles Langar Moore

I'd like to configure/build RexxSQL to work with MS-SQLServer. What database option do I set for the "configure" script ?

Chuck

• Ted Holien

Ted Holien - 2005-08-02

I've gotten this to work with an ODBC data source defined.  However, I'd ideally like to get this to work without that.  Does anyone know the proper sqlconnect call format to make this happen?  I've tried and I just get return code -76.  Or since MSSQL isn't in the list of supported databases, maybe using ODBC is the only way?

• Hagrinas

Hagrinas - 2008-03-31

If you want to connect without setting up a DSN for ODBC, then use a connect string. For example, with the test program that comes with the software, use the command (adapted appropriately):

rexxsql simple.cmd serv="Driver={SQL Server};Server=Machine1\SQLSERVERNAME;db=master;Trusted_Connection=Yes" 

or rc = sqlconnect( "C1", , , , connect_string ) -- connect_string works as above.

In the first example,Trusted_Connection=Yes could be replaced by "uid=myname;pwd=myPass" as needed.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks