Circular Syncs?

Help
Ffutterman
2009-07-28
2013-05-01
  • Ffutterman

Ffutterman - 2009-07-28

I'm trying to start a system in which several people have a personal Google Calendar synced (through Google Calendar Sync) with their Outlook Calendars by 2-way syncs, then are subscribed to everyone else's Google Calendars through Remote Calendar in Outlook. I'm wondering if this would cause multiples of the same events to populate the calendars, like this situation:

1. Person A adds Event to their Outlook Calendar.
    2. Event syncs to Person A's Google Calendar
    3. Person B's Remote Calendar adds Event to their Outlook Calendar, due to subscription
    4. Event syncs to Person B's Google Calendar
    5. Person A's Remote Calendar adds Event to their Outlook Calendar, due to subscription. This creates two copies of Event in Person A's Outlook Calendar.
    6. Additional copy of Event syncs to Person A's Google Calendar...etc, etc, etc 

Thanks for any help

• Ffutterman

Ffutterman - 2009-07-29

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. It seems to me you can avoid the circular syncs by using 2 Outlook calendars. The first Outlook calendar (i.e. "My Calendar") is the one that you update and the one that syncs to Google. The 2nd Outlook calendar (i.e. "Group Calendar") is the one that is subscribed to all the Google Calendars, including yours. "My Calendar" shows just your events, "Group Calendar" shows everyone's events, and the system updates itself automatically after it's all set up.