Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 32-bit (fully updated), Regshot 1.9.0 x86 Unicode(b260) using Regshot-x86-Unicode.exe.
Have tested/tried on just a handful of program installations so far. The latest one was a mid-size compare; have done a couple with smaller final text files, one larger (versus this same install using 1.8.3-beta1V5). The regshot.ini files I have set to ignore the same registry keys & directories for both Regshot versions. On the compare, it crashed. Reloaded the saved Shot 1, did another Shot 2, same crash on the compare. Here is the event log info:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 1/9/2013 8:17:05 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Faulting application name: Regshot-x86-Unicode.exe, version: 126.96.36.1990, time stamp: 0x50e04358
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b60
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00052cc7
Faulting process id: 0x754
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdee6b8aa40ddc
Faulting application path: C:\Regshot190\Regshot-x86-Unicode.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
This install was not atypical; it was done for Tuesday's Windows Updates. Doing the same compare with 1.8.3-beta1V5 completed without problems (yes, I did shots/compares separately for both Regshot versions).
With 1.8.3-beta1V5, no issues or crashes over a large multitude of two-stage recording and compares of installs since a year ago. With a total of four install recordings, one crash with 1.9.0r260. Good luck getting the bugs out.
Log in to post a comment.