Menu

Laptop Troubles

2007-09-01
2012-09-15
  • Randi J. Relander

Somehow I screwed up my Visual Studio 2005 installation on my laptop development system. It may be a while before I can do builds under Visual Studio on the laptop. Until then, I will be doing development on the desktop system with Eclipse.

• Jelle Mulder

Jelle Mulder - 2007-11-29

I've got a 22 year old first generation IBM/PS2 keyboard that has been splashed over more times than I care to remember. Wine, beer, cola, soup, even chinese has had to be removed from it. It just loves abuse.

On the visual studio side. Would it be a big problem to keep using eclipse rather than VS. I'm inclined to steer away from MS as much as possible and use non-proprietary tools. Eclipse is a nice tool for most of the stuff that need to be done though not as sophisticated as VS.

• Randi J. Relander

Looks like everything is back to normal. I had to completely uninstall Visual Studio 2005 and reinstall it again. Not really sure what happened.

• Randi J. Relander

Just to add insult to injury, I splash some soda into the keyboard and spend the following two hours cleaning it out ... :-P

• Randi J. Relander

Still not quite right after the sticky keyboard episode but it's better than it was. Might have to tear it down and clean it one more time. Hate to replace the keyboard but it might come to that.