I am trying to install dual-boot linux/OS X on a new Mac Pro, running
10.4.7. Software update reports that my software is up to date.
1) Used Boot Camp to create a 150GB windows partition (it complained
about max FAT32 size of 32 GB, but it seemed to work).
2) Installed rEFIt.
3) Used the Ubuntu Live/Install disk to boot into linux (required "irqpoll
no-hlt" boot options).
4) Created partitions and installed linux:
4.5) Output of parted print (from linux):
Disk geometry for /dev/sda: 0kB - 250GB
Number Start End File system Name Flags
1 20kB 210MB fat32 EFI System Partition boot
2 210MB 88GB hfs+ Customer
3 88GB 93GB linux-swap
4 93GB 250GB ext3 boot
I followed the directions at http://bin-false.org/?p=1? to create the
partition tables, install linux, and install lilo.
4.6) The rEFIt Partitioning tool says:
Current GPT partition table:
# Start LBA End LBA Type
1 40 40969 EFI System (FAT)
2 409640 172376103 Mac OS X HFS+
3 172376104 180762664 Linux Swap
4 180762665 488392064 EFI System (FAT)
Current MBR partition table:
Status: Tables are synchronized. No need to sync.
5) When I first ran the EFI partition tool, it did re-sync the partition
tables, but unfortunately, I did not write down the initial state.
6) From OS X, "diskutil list" presents the same information as above.
Is there a means within rEFIt to correct the partition table from the
rEFIt/OS X perspective?
It would be great if you have time to help me with this. I read in
another post that you were looking for a Mac Pro account. I may be
able to help you with this.
Log in to post a comment.