Menu

apple_recovery not showing up (MacOS Big Sur)

2021-07-25
2021-11-29
  • Tim Moritz Kühle

Hey.

First of all thanks for providing rEFInd! I use it to dual boot MacOS Big Sur and Windows 10 on a MacBookPro14,3.
    Dual booting works perfectly fine, but I'd really like being able to access the MacOS Recovery from the tools section. For some reason it doesn't show up after enabling it via the showtools command in refind.conf.
    Are there any tricks to get the option to show up or have others reported any known issues with that on Big Sur. (I couldn't find anything, when I did my research.)

Thanks in advance for anything that could be helpful! :)

Tim

Last edit: Tim Moritz Kühle 2021-07-25
  • Christian

Christian - 2021-11-28

I have the same problem; I have a defective RAM-Chip and I disable a part of it with a efi program which runs before the MacOs Boot. But since Upgrade to MacOs Big Sur I cannot run it before entering the RecoveryOs. On the Apple Support Page it is written that BaseSystem.dmg is checked for correctness and the Apple Efi-Program extracts and run the "boot.efi" from this dmg - if the dmg file is considert valid.

Anyone knows how to get the option for RecoveryOS (former Recovery Mode; accessable via Ctrl+R) as a Refind Entry back?

Thank You
    Christian

• Startergo

Startergo - 2021-11-29

you can try compiling the latest commit here and give it a try:
      https://github.com/dakanji/RefindPlus