Hi everyone at refbase-talk!
(which is only Michael right now - so: Hi Michael! ;)
Currently, the following features have been implemented
- search the whole database by use of different search forms
- search within results functionality
- browse found records
- view selected records in detail
- export selected records to different citation formats
- extract literature cited within a text and build an appropriate
- login/logout capabilities
- user management
- add/edit/delete records (logged in users only)
The following (planned) enhancements are still missing:
- easy customization of application specific variables via one
global 'ini' file
- validation of data entered by the user
- proper management of the user specific fields 'marked',
'user_keys' & 'user_notes'
- availability of additional citation formats on export
- ability to save any records or queries for easy later retrieval
- (batch) import of full ASFA records
- 'copy citation to clipboard' functionality
- currently, the simple and advanced search forms employ lots of
dynamic popup menus to ease user entry of data. This works well
for small databases (<10.000 records) but causes significant
speed problems for larger databases!
For pointers to working examples of refbase please check out
Matthias Steffens ---- refbase@...
refbase --- a web-based, platform-independent,
multi-user application for managing scientific
literature, references and citations