Duplicate handling

2007-06-29
2013-05-28
  • Knut Krüger

Knut Krüger - 2007-06-29

It would be helpful if there would be a page only for the admin to delete records direct with the serial number, maybe like the pubmed id import function. But there should be a fixed delimiter - as it is a little dangerous to fill in a line of "to delete" ids.
    or is it already possible with SQL?

And the second question:
    Is there a possibility to do a double entry precheck during batch importing from Pubmed or from reference files for the future?

Knut

• Matthias Steffens

I can see that an admin page for batch deletion of records might be useful. However, there are probably more important things that await implementation, especially since this functionality can be achieved rather easily via an SQL query:

DELETE FROM refs WHERE serial RLIKE "^(27867|27868|27869)$";

This example command will delete records with serial numbers 27867, 27868, 27869.

See also:

http://wiki.refbase.net/index.php/Batch_SQL_modifications#Batch_deletion_of_records

> Is there a possibility to do a double entry precheck during batch importing from Pubmed or from reference files for the future?

Yes, this is a planned feature and I'm eager to see this implemented as well.

Matthias

• Knut Krüger

Knut Krüger - 2007-06-29

I think the SQL command is a good workaround.
      Thank you

• Knut Krüger

Knut Krüger - 2007-06-29

My workaround
      As a first step for batch importing I wrote a small procedure which is extracing the Pubmed ID including a delimiter from a file.
      The next step was to write me a cite file which is creating the SQL delete record. (needs some correction just now, but works)

Batch importing:

Call the dups function
      -> show serial field
      sort serial
      show Nr_of_found_records/2
      mark all  # Works only if the duplicates are the newest
      Cite as SQL_delete and ascii

Copy and paste into SQL thats it.

Just imported about 2000 records from pubmed found 152 dups
      deleted it below 1 minute  :-)
      Knut

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks