integration with other databases

2004-04-22
2013-05-28
  • Emanuele Ruffaldi

Could be very useful if the names of database tables could have a prefix name chosen by the administrator. In this way it's possible to integrate this application with others inside the same MYSQL database.

I'm going to do that by integrating refbase with the MAMBO system (it requires also an integration of the user tables).

• Matthias Steffens

Hi Emanuele,

I fully agree that being able to prefix table names with some custom string would be very useful. Actually, we thought of making all table names completely user-definable on install. But we haven't implemented this so far. I'll see what I can do about that.

There are a lot of cases, where refbase isn't flexible enough (yet). But we'll (slowly ;-) improve on that.

Emanuele , thanks for your input! Best regards, Matthias

• Matthias Steffens

The coming version of refbase will let you fully rename the refbase tables (in 'db.inc.php') to avoid any name conflicts when (manually) installing the refbase tables into an existing MySQL database. Currently, 'install.php' won't let you prefix the table names, though.

I'm currenly in the process of uploading the  modified files to the Sourcforge CVS and it should be available in a few days.

Regards, Matthias