customizing links in different views

Help
2009-07-23
2013-05-28
  • Jonathan Breitbart

first, i wanted to say i am really impressed with refbase and am using it to build a new citation database for our research group and include dynamic publication lists on our website.  so thanks so much for developing this great tool!

my question has to do with customizing the links that are printed depending on the selected view.  specifically, i would like to customize the links that are printed in citation view when $wrapresults==0 (the partial document structure).

i added a customized variable in the ini.inc.php file for the citation view with partial doc structure ($showLinkTypesInCitationViewPartial), in addition to the existing $showLinkTypesInCitationView.  i would like to use this new variable in search.php to customize the links printed in the partial doc structure, but i can't find any place where $showLinkTypesInCitationView is referenced in the "show.php" file.  the link type variable for list view ($showLinkTypesInListView) is referenced, but not the variable for the citation view array.

so basically my question is, where is the $showLinkTypesInCitationView variable referenced?  thanks for any help!

• Matthias Steffens

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the kind words!

> i would like to customize the links that are printed in citation
      > view when $wrapresults==0 (the partial document structure).

Just curious: How do you want to customize the links when outputting only a partial document structure? Do you want fewer links, or no links at all when including refbase results into your site?

> where is the $showLinkTypesInCitationView variable referenced?

The HTML citation output is generated in file 'cite/formats/cite_html.php', so please search that file for '$showLinkTypesInCitationView'.

Note that

$wrapResults == "0"

indicates the case where only a partial document structure should be returned.

HTH, Matthias

• Jonathan Breitbart

thanks for such a quick response!

> thanks for the kind words!

no problem - i'm really enjoying refbase!

> Just curious: How do you want to customize the links when outputting only a partial document structure? Do you want fewer links, or no links at all when including refbase results into your site?

so i wanted the option to show only a subset of the links provided in the full citation view.  so, for example, i might eliminate the "details" and "edit" links on our website and provide a single link to the full refbase site for our group, just to make the display a bit cleaner.  i'm not quite sure yet, but we'll see.

> The HTML citation output is generated in file 'cite/formats/cite_html.php', so please search that file for '$showLinkTypesInCitationView'.

perfect, that's exactly what i was looking for.  thanks so much again!

• Matthias Steffens

Thanks for the clarification and glad I could help.

If you run into further issues or have something to show off, don't hesitate to let us know.

Matthias