RefbaseDatabase access

Help
2007-10-11
2013-05-28
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello

I have installed refbase 0.9.0. As Admin, I try create a new user with the link Add User. I fill the required informations. After validation I get the message :

Your query:

INSERT INTO user_permissions VALUES (NULL, 5, "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "no")

caused the following error:

Error 1136 : Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

In the same time, it seems impossible to show all the datas in the database with the command show all.

I only get the header Author, Title... without any data from the base !!

I am very disappointed ....

Thanks for some help

Pierre FOURNIER (pierre.fournier@unilim.fr)
    IUT du Limousin
    Refbase 0.9.0 run on under FreeBSD 5.5, with apache-2.0.59, php5-5.2.3.1 and mysql-4.1.22

• Matthias Steffens

Hi Pierre,

regarding the "Error 1136 : Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 ", it's probably since your INSERT query only contains 20 values, but it should actually contain 21 values, such as this:

INSERT INTO user_permissions VALUES (NULL, 5, "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "no", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes", "no")

Did you somehow alter variable '$defaultUserPermissions' in 'ini.inc.php'? This variable must contain 19 values, such as this:

$defaultUserPermissions = array("yes", // add records to the database ('allow_add')
                                      "yes", // edit records in the database ('allow_edit')
                                      "yes", // delete records from the database ('allow_delete')
                                      "yes", // download files which are associated with particular records ('allow_download')
                                      "yes", // upload files to the database ('allow_upload')
                                      "yes", // view any record details ('allow_details_view')
                                      "yes", // view records in print view ('allow_print_view')
                                      "no", // view records in browse view ('allow_browse_view')
                                      "yes", // build a reference list from selected records ('allow_cite')
                                      "yes", // import records into the database ('allow_import')
                                      "yes", // batch import records into the database ('allow_batch_import')
                                      "yes", // export records from the database ('allow_export')
                                      "yes", // batch export records from the database ('allow_batch_export')
                                      "yes", // use the 'user groups' feature ('allow_user_groups')
                                      "yes", // use the 'user queries' feature ('allow_user_queries')
                                      "yes", // generate dynamic RSS feeds from any query ('allow_rss_feeds')
                                      "yes", // execute custom SQL queries via 'sql_search.php' ('allow_sql_search')
                                      "yes", // change his/her personal data (like name, address or password) ('allow_modify_options')
                                      "no"); // fully edit the contents of the 'call_number' field (like the database admin) ('allow_edit_call_number')

Did you change anything else in file 'ini.inc.php' or in 'install.sql'?

Also, did you perform a fresh install of refbase-0.9.0 (using 'install.php'), or did you upgrade from a previous refbase version?

Thanks, Matthias

• Nobody/Anonymous

I reinstall properly with the automatic method and it is going normally.
      The previous install was manuel and perhaps I did not observe strictly the procedure.
      Ok, now all is correct

Thanks

• Matthias Steffens

Hi Pierre,

thanks for the feedback, it's good to hear that you could resolve your issues!

Let us know if you run into more trouble.

Matthias

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks