database setup

2004-01-01
2004-01-11
  • Kiril Threndor

Kiril Threndor - 2004-01-01

Would it be possible for you to provide a SQL dump? It would be far easier to all users to setup the DB if this were available.  When I saw the hoops I would have to jump through in order to setup the DB I was seriously discouraged and am now waiting for your response.

• Matthias Steffens

Hi Kiril!

We are aware that the current installation proceedure is somewhat daunting. Your suggestion to include a SQL dump is a good idea and we plan to do so with the next release (v0.7).

We have also plans to include "install.php" and "configure.php" scripts that would provide an easy web interface for installing/configuring the refbase package. This won't happen with the v0.7 release, though.

[refbase v0.7 was planned to be released last November, but we've faced some serious delays :-/. I'm currently working on it and hopes are to have it out during the next days (no guarantees, though).]

Thanks for your feedback!
      With best regards, Matthias

• Matthias Steffens

Hi again!

This is just a correction of my former post.

We've released refbase 0.7 today and it comes with a minimal web interface ('install.php') as well as a MySQL dump file for installation. This should make it a lot easier to setup the database. Besides the database structure, the MySQL dump file includes a temporary admin user as well as some sample records. Check out the readme for further information.

Please drop us a note if you encounter any difficulties with this release.

Best regards, Matthias

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks