Migrating Refbase

• Anonymous - 2012-11-07

I am migrating Refbase from one local computer to anther, whereby XAMPP provides the webserver functionalites.

So I installed XAMPP on the new computer and copied the whole refbase-Folder located in xampp\htdocs\refbase

Now the refbase again is reachalbe under localhost/refbase.

However I get an error:

Error 1045 : Access denied for user 'MYROOT'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Can some point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

• Richard Karnesky

This error indicates you can't access the database with the credentials noted in initialize/db.inc.php.

Did you copy the MySQL database over?  Did you setup a MySQL user/pass combo with access to the database that you had on the older MySQL server?

• Anonymous - 2012-11-08

Good question,

I did not do the initial setup and was just tasked with the migration. Since I know what XAMPP does, I assumed, that it would be sufficient to copy over the refase folder. May I ask, where the MySQL-Database is located?

• Anonymous - 2012-11-09

So far so good, now refbase runs on a new server.

However, it is not reachable from other PCs.

The features required by refbase a provided by XAMPP.

XAMPP itself runs on Windows Server 2008 R2

I can reach refbase an login if I use a browser on the very same server with localhost/refbase/

If I connect another PC to that server run a browser on that PC /SERVER-IP/Refbase nothing happens.

Any ideas why?

• Richard Karnesky

There are a myriad of things that could cause this and none are related to refbase, itself.  Assuming you can't access ANY of the server, you should check routing (and name resolution), firewall issues, etc.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks